Despite living in the islands, all of the above still applies to me too (especially the bikini diet part!) and I will be running off to Puerto Rico next week for a bit of an impromptu long weekend away. Want to see what I will be taking with me??
1. & 2. My suitcases - I love and highly recommend them. Linea cases (by House of Fraser) are budget friendly while being hard-wearing, with great internal zipped storage. Yes, I'm geeking out over suitcases, but they really are good. Mine are last season's which are a slightly darker blue, but otherwise the same.
3. Has your holiday truly started until you have Instagrammed your passport and tickets in a stylish passport holder? This beautiful embossed number by Liberty is on my wish-list.
4. Headphones - a must have for any trip away. Pretty self-explanatory, I'll leave it there!
5. If you like to ditch the big suitcase in favour of cramming it all into your hand luggage, like I do - you'll need some travel sized toiletries. These beautiful products from Nuxe (the Huile Prodigieuse is one of my faves) are perfectly portioned and come in their own see-through case - handy!
6. Plane travel dehydrates you - stay hydrated and stylish with this chic marble S'well bottle and (most importantly) say 'no!' to single-use plastic water bottles at the airport.
7., 8., 9. & 10. For no better reason than the fact that they match the loooooooovely passport cover and are really beautiful (obvs.)
11. I never leave home without my portable charger. There’s few things worse than running out of battery with several hours of travel still ahead of you. Trying to get a seat next to the charging stations at the gate is a challenge and then you’re stuck there, camping out, defending your spot and keeping an eye on your valuables. Instead, invest in a portable charger and keep all of your devices topped up on the go! You can put it in that lovely Liberty pouch (9.)
12. & 13. I hate the way the temperature fluctuates on planes and trains and love travelling with a snuggly scarf. I like the look of these two.
14. How cute are these little snack pots? I like to travel with a few of my favourite healthy snacks (almonds, fruit etc.) and these looked perfect for taking your noms with you!
15.&16. Keep eyes cool and comfortable with stick-on eye masks, and then get some sleep with this stylish silk one.
17. After all these adventures are completed and new memories made, it's nice to have a reminder of it all. My camera is one of the first things I pack for a trip away.
Am I forgetting anything? What must have items do you travel with?